Purlin Tie (NT)
Strong timber connector for fixing large timber purlins and battens to trusses and rafters
Pre-punched and formed galvanised steel connectors that are:
Easy to install and provide an effective method of fixing large timber purlins to timber roof trusses or rafters.
For Northern Territory use only.
APPLICATION - For Northern Territory use only
|Number of nails||Strength limit state design load (kN)|
|Timber Joint Group|
Fixing procedure with nails
- Fix purlin batten to truss or rafter with 2/75mm x 3.05Ø nails.
- Nail both ends of purlin tie to truss or rafter for capacity required.
- Provide 2 purlin ties at purlin splices.
- Use 3/30mm x 2.8Ø Multinail nails to each leg.
- Capacity from Low High Low cyclone testing as specified in the BCA for inclusion in the northern territory deemed to comply manual (DTCM)
- This bracket has been tested by James Cook University at the Cyclone Testing Station. Report No. TS725.
DESCRIPTION AND PACKAGING
Manufactured from 1.0mm Galvanised G300 Z275 Steel
|Description||Code||Carton quantity||Carton kg.|
|With nail holes 70mm||TA99||200||13.5|
|Without nail holes 70mm||TA991||200||13.5|
|30mm x 2.8Ø Multinail Nails (TA302)|